Where My Superhuman Ability Ends.

 


Hmm. (Sighs after a deep breath intake)


I observe this in a lot of humans and each time I get to see how constant and true my observations seems to be; I squint, smile and shake my head.

People love to take up a lot of tasks at the same time, with the aim to complete them within hours. They don't even have to plan for it, they just find themselves in it. How do I know this?

Take a human that works in a school for example. He's still the same person that takes students three subjects in a term, does home lessons for students, has other responsibilities at Home and in Church, and another human that has a husband and children. She has her job and yet still takes up other tasks, everyday, for 24 hours of each day. 

If only one human being could multitask and juggle a lot of tasks together, then I want to believe that all humans, by nature, have the superhuman instinct. Unconsciously. Unknowingly. Unplanned for. 

Just so you'd note, I have not been walking around seeing superhuman abilities in humans like a jobless being. I only just started noticing, myself, since I started accepting that I behaved like a Superhuman.

I do late nights, last minutes chores, read my school books, attend trainings, and do a little of this and that, and still expect the things I do to be as excellent and perfect as it ought to be. The perfectionist spirit.🀦🏾

It's not like I collect gifts for being this way, but it's just who I have, somehow, become. But really, have you met me? I be sweeping, washing, and cooking at the same time! I've had people get angry at my super human gestures. Lol.


At first, I did not accept the fact that I was a Superhuman. It started with little things I did, where one of my brothers would ask me in anger, 'Can you carry all of that?' and tell the other human in the room, 'Leave her. Let her be doing like a superhuman.' I didn't know I was exuding super human abilities. I was just living. Most days find me rushing to meet up with deadlines, or wanting to finish three house chores in few minutes before mum comes or before something else comes up. 

There was a recent experience that got me giving off the 'Superhuman vibes.'

My brother and I were asked to clean the house in preparation of an upcoming event. We both started with washing of all the plastic chairs in the house. While we were doing that, I brought out the plates to wash, then also started cleaning the house. I could feel his irritation when he asked me, 'Why are you doing all these? Can't we just finish one before going to the next?

I told him that I had the energy which would likely not be there if I wait till I finish washing the chairs before getting around to doing other things. Even though I told him to keep washing the chairs and I agreed to rinsing it, he went ahead to rinse it, frowning though, because, in his words, he did not understand how I was going to rinse the chairs while washing the plates and all.

It's not even that I can not finish one task before going to the next. That's really how it should be right? Taking it one step at a time. But it was not a step taking thing for me, I just wanted to be done with all I have to do in due time. And I thought, since I can do all of these, why not do it then?


What Superhuman Ability!


*

As an individual navigating through the realms of life, I've come to realize that my superhuman ability has it's limits. 

Screenshot this statement from a book I was reading. I can't remember the name of the book, though. 


Going off social media for a little while is one of the ways to get my superhuman self energized and healed. 

While this does not mean that I will not attend to all I have to attend to, it means that if I don't have any work relation with you, I will probably not reply your message. I will only comment on necessary Facebook posts once a while that I am there. Asides all that, this is me disappearing, on a soft note, from the surface of social media for a while.


Who is a Superhuman? You might ask.


Have you heard of Spiderman before? Just checking.πŸ‘€

They will tell you that a Superhuman is one who has the exceptional abilities and powers, like in the Superhero movies; Spiderman, Superman, X-men, Wonderwoman. But I will tell you that based on my definition of Superhumans, YOU are a superhero. One of the superheroes of all time, actually. You that does not want to remain average and wants to be phenomenal in all pillars of life. You are a superhuman too.


*

My staying off social media for a while is not me trying to run away from anyone. Just as I've said earlier, if I have work dealings with you, I'm on this break to get it all done and cleared.


Are you still asking, in your mind anyways, "Righteousness, why are you taking a break? What's your motivation for your decision? What benefits do you hope to reap?"

It's a lot of question, but let's take it a question at a time. Shall we?


Thank you!


I'm only taking a step back to focus on my all-round growth, brand structuring, and my life henceforth. I hope to be here in September with renewed energy and purpose.

I want to apply the 'Slingshot Principle' and the 'Gunshot principle at this point of my life, in my life. I want to believe that the more backwards I pull, and the more setbacks I experience, if I allow it build me, I'd hit my target strongly.


Here is a Slingshot. The less you pull, the less it hits its mark, while the stronger you pull, the more strongly it hits its mark. Read about how the Gun works too. I can not fully give an explanation here, but in Physics, we were once told that there is a power you exert on the gun before you pull, if not, you will get yourself killed. This break is for learning the grips, locks, and the in-betweens.


I'm naturally not someone who sees overwhelming tasks, challenges, or horrific moments and runs off to take breaks. But I feel I should be, this time. To be that human who needs to go on a long internal reflectional break, to be able to clear off my turbid eyesight. 


What's my motivation?


Will it be a problem if I say the cliched 'breakfast' statement, "It's not you, it's me?"

I hope it would not, because it's not you. It's me. 

My motivation should have been to focus on my career, or academics, or building a brand, or to rest, or to pray, or to just have a retreat, but it's not exactly so. While that may be achieved in the process of taking a break, my motivation is simply just me desiring clarity and growth on a whole lot of things. I'm not mentally disabled or whatever. Nah! 


What benefits do I hope to reap?

1. Growth (spiritual, academics, all else).

2. Redefinition of Purpose.

3. Restructuring of brand.

4. Disconnecting to Reconnect.

5. A journey of self-discovery.

6. Increased productivity level.

7. Ample indulgence in my hobby; being alone, reading books and planning new ventures.

8. Re-evaluate an access to my long-term goals.

9. Fostering new and meaningful relationships. To define my real friends from the crowd.

10. The need to look through the over one thousand screenshot images on my phone. Hehehe.


I believe this will provide me with reasonable time to reevaluate my online presence, chart a well-defined path where I am able to prioritize my growth, and reconnect with my true self and true friends. I hope to forge authentic connections and share valuable content that resonates with you.

Here, then, is where my super human ability ends, for a little while. Mon ami, be in health and stay grounded in God.


Before I go, let me recommend you some books. We'd get to talk more on it when I get back.


1. CRUSHING BY T.D JAKES

2. SOAR BY T.D JAKES

Yet to be done with Soar, but it's a great read for Entrepreneurs. I started Crushing not so long ago, and I could not have laid my hands on the right book. Bishop be speaking to my soul and spirit.

3. THE 360° LEADER BY JOHN C. MAXWELL

A great piece on Leadership.

4. REPLETE BY GOODNESS ADEGBOLA

Grab a free copy HERE.

===

See you in September.πŸ·πŸ’«

Comments