MY BEDWETTING EXPERIENCE



Recounting this experience makes me laugh and think back upon the times with an appreciative heart saying, 'thank you for helping me deal with it'.
You know what bedwetting is na, I shuu still explain ba πŸ™„???
Permit me to be informal please.

Bedwetting is 'peeing on bed', while in dreamland. This is done in an unconscious state.
Through my younger days from when I knew myself till around JSS2 (Junior Secondary School 2), I was a bedwetter.
I learnt some believed bedwetting to be a sort of possession from the devil.
Well, not in this case.
I was not possessed, I was only a Young child.

Allow me take you down the memory lane  through secondary school together.
Those moments were so embarrassing, it used to do me like I should enter the ground and be well-covered so no one would know I bedwet.

At the end of each academic term, discipler will comment 'She is a good and obedient girl but she bedwets'. Imagine!
Anytime I see that, I personally feel like cancelling it off but I'm not that kind of person.

Imagine you slept and you felt the pour of hot liquid on your face and soaking your dress?
Hmm!
Innocent me in dreamland, no more conscious of what happens around will just start feeling slaps on my back.
I had just bedwetted and it had passed through my bed and bunky's mosquito net down to her body and had soaked her.
Thank God for the type of bunky I had through JS1 and JS2.
Hei, what if I had had a bunky that would have had me punished or would have beaten hell out of me.
Small me o!

But my JS2 Bunky does not tolerate rubbish o, you will wash everything down to her nightgown. If she was wearing inner wears sef, I would have washed it too.

There was a time a senior helped me washed all my wet things and my bunky's things. I could not have been more grateful because it made me meet up with time.

In JS1, I was still in the least class, so I had no Junior to be ashamed of.
But then, it started occuring in JS2 and I became ashamed. Trying to avoid my Juniors(JS1) finding out I bedwetted, I cover up my bed with neat bedsheets and blanketπŸ™ˆ.

But I had to help myself.

HOW I HELPED MYSELF!!

1) I made sure every taking in of water stops by 6pm, after dinner.
No drinking of garri or cornflakes before sleeping.
I sometimes take biscuit though, no drinking of water.

2) I made sure I went to the toilet more than thrice before sleeping.

3) I do not go to bed early so as to reduce my sleeping time.

4) People made it their duty to wake me.
My Bunky wakes me up if she is not yet asleep.

5) I prayed. 
My prayer might not have been what you will call 'powerful and energy sucking' but I remembered crying myself to sleep.

After sometime, I saw that my methods worked and I stopped bedwetting anyhow.
Little by little, I started waking up on my own to urinate.

There was a time after I thought 'Ah, thank God I've stopped this bedwetting habit', I woke up in the middle of the night to find my nightie soaked with urine.
I jumped off the bed and came down bunk with immediate effect, like someone burnt with hot iron, and checked my bunky's mosquito net and body.
When I saw it was yet to drip, I gathered my wet things quickly, took my torch and opened the door gently -it was still too early so my roommates were still sleeping, and went to get a bucket.
I came back inside to carry my wet bed outside.

I was done before daybreak and had to go to a friend's room to avoid stares from everyone and words.
Immediately I heard the Bell for going out, I ran out.

LESSONS

I want us to also learn from my bedwetting experience.
1) Whatever it has to take to break that habit, please do. You won't die.
Death did not happen when I stopped taking water after 6pm. It was a kind of training then.
Break every yoke of sin off of you.

2) People will see through your story and see a message.
Do not be discouraged by what you are going through, people will one day look through your mess and see message.

Your embarrassing moments will be to them a season of embracing God's glory.
All things eventually work out for good to them who loves God.
Never Give up. Keep trying the best you can.

3) Never think you have reached when you have not started and are yet to do more.

I stopped all the methods I was using because I thought I no longer bedwet but I became more drowned in bedwetting until I picked back the methods.


Thank you so much for reading through.
You can also share with me your experience, I promise not to only laugh over it but to also learn from it.

Comments

  1. Thank God for you, I battled bed wetting as well but what stood out most that crushed and depressed me was stealing.
    I can say I came out a thief at birth, it started with hot porridge, to meats, then dad's pocket and mommy's purse.. most of the wrongs I did as a child gave me the feeling that evil was inherent in me and there is no escaping it..
    Growing up in a Christian home where prayers and the word of God is our first and last meal everyday, it was surprising to everyone and thinking about it, Its hard to fathom how I exhibited such traits..
    It was so bad I became the black sheep in the family, being the sixth in a family of eight children, I was schooled severely and severally but it didn't change me, so lost a kleptomaniac an inherent seed nobody nurtured yet found a way to sprout and mess what is considered the most innocent moments in our life cycle (childhood)..
    It got so bad that my dad left his trousers where I can reach for it and pretended like he didn't know I still steal from him cos he was scared that if I don't have access to banks at home I may take the habit outside. While I hurt him daily thinking myself to be smart, he was busy praying for me, leaving his trousers where I can get it only to direct our personal Bible study topics to how bad stealing is without mentioning my act..
    It was until my teenage years when I encountered Jesus my life changed for good..
    I remember crying, asking God why I was like that? Why me? I wondered why a child should go through all that and why God should allow such especially in a Christian home??
    God crushed me badly when I was a child, allowing me to know what it feels like to be associated with sin, from a very young age, gave me experiences that increased my tenacity in such a way that I so despise evil as an adult, I HATE SIN.. I KNOW WHAT SIN DOES TO A MAN, at first presents itself as a means to an end, the more you explore the further a slave you become, before you know it, you are swimming under water in a metal cage with shackles on your hands and feet, that's how sin is..
    When I think back, l no longer ask myself, why? I am most grateful for all, cos in a world where maturity birth evil in the heart of men, I had quite the opposite, I grew up a sinner and matured a child of God

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, this is a Great Testimony.
      Thanks be to God!

      And thanks to you for sharing πŸ™πŸΌ

      Delete
  2. I am grateful for this post Righteous.. this is great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment