Guys, I did it Afraid💪!

 

On my way to the venue for Oratory Contest. My Cup-Cap is the one peeping out of the bag😉.

You know what it means to be a local champion?

Have you ever been one? 

Actually, there are many definitions to this, but my definition of being a local champion is when you are the best in your circle and you are known to be 'a know it all.'

So, I'm certain you are a local champion too, because, in one way or another, people have seen you as the best in a particular field. 

.

Many times, you sit in the same circle you have always been, thinking you know it all because you actually do know it more than those that surround you, only for you to go out to the public, and mix with other people, then you realize that you really do not know anything.

And it's not as if you don't know, but because you had listened to flatters, and had allowed it into your head, you discover you only know what you have always known and not more.

That is one disadvantage of flattering I know.

Flattering brings one down.

Yes.

When you allow people's praises in your head, the things that happen ehn, only you can truthfully tell.

I have experienced this in many ways o.

Been a local champion before. Still is🙈, but because I have come to understand that I need to go beyond my circle to mix with more people of different calibres, I know I'm yet to know anything.

I had a sudden awakening in my JSS1. In primary school, I don't have to read to write exams.

All I had to do was write my exams and come out first.

So I thought that was the norm.

I entered Jss1 and I didn't read for exams.

I just wrote exams like that.

I was intelligent nah, ahbi💁‍♀️

Ask me what my result was.

56th position out of 80 students.

Wow😩

I know it's not only about the position, but mehn, come off it jere!

Even though I was shocked but what shocked me more, and made me go recheck myself was the fact that a friend of mine(just a classmate then) had 4th position and was like she didn't do well. Oh boy! 

Do you know what I would have done if I had that😱?


I wanted to share my oratory contest experience with you, but I've talked too much already. 

The oratory contest experience is a long gist, so I will tell it another time.

For now, let me just hammer the fact that you should not allow the praises of people to bring you down, you can be more.

They don't have the intention of bringing you down though, but because you know more than they know in a particular area, they appreciate you, and you by way of thinking you know more won't know there is more to what you know, except you go out of your circle to learn more.

There was this interview I went for, boy! I thought I could talk but I met people who could actually speak.

Just because you were the Headgirl of your former school does not mean you are the best or you cannot be better.

I don't allow flatters get in my way of thinking, because I know I can be better.

I don't allow flatters get to me, because I know the kind of people I've mixed with. 

Those people are not from here😂

As you go through this week; come out of your shell, realize your potentials, be more.

Don't allow praises limit you. You can be more💪.

God's Blessings🤗


--

PS: My Blog is clocking one next week Tuesday🤭.

If not for you, who would I be writing to?

Let me not start this epistle here. Let's wait till next week Tuesday to have it😘

And await an actual article on 'Guys, I did it Afraid💪!'

Have a Great Week ahead🙏❤.

Comments

  1. It is even better been among the best in your clique deserving of other people's flattery, what about us that have not done anything yet people think we are extraordinary, with grave expectation from them we live our lives on a pressure seat we did not ask for.
    In this case we don't even have an option but to try to be better

    Have you ever been in that position where you are always acknowledged as a leader anywhere you find yourself whereas dip inside you know little or nothing?
    For me I think it's a thing of character, my character have set me up for greatness in different fields a lot of time whereas I lack the knowledge, and they don't even notice😕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there!

      I love how much you conveyed your opinion.

      Yes, we do not have an option other than to be better.
      But we should be better because we have to be, and not because of the 'pressures' of the people.

      Being better is even to our advantage. When we allow people's expectations to influence us positively, I think that is even good.

      What of people who allow flatters influence them negatively? Deep down, they know they know nothing, yet since they are being placed on the high seat, they forget the need to learn more and be more.

      Yes, I have been in a position where I knew nothing.

      Hmm, that's why we really do not need flatters get into our way of thinking, but to go all out to develop ourselves.

      I appreciate your engagement🥰

      Delete
    2. It's a pleasure ma.. all thanks to you for disposing yourself.. I am on the recieving end, your words are inspiring and encouraging.

      Delete
  2. Keep on pressing forward as Apostle Paul. Do not allow anything at all, niether your past nor present should hold you down.
    Sky is just a starting point. Relent not, "no limit boundary is set for you".
    A day of celebration will soon appear!
    Congratulations in advance!!
    Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! Amen!
      I claim it🗣

      Wow😲

      Thank you so much for the prayers🙏

      God Bless you🤗

      Delete

Post a Comment