MISS LASGIDI Chapter Two

 


Read Chapter One HERE.


CHAPTER TWO


"It's a week now, but I'm yet to hear from Elizabeth."


One would think Isabella David cared about her two daughters' well-being and not their money. It's been a year since she decided to live on her own by herself since, in her words, 'Your father do not take care of me. He knows I have a lot of needs. I need to buy more pieces of jewellery and clothes to be able to be acceptable in society. He has the money, yet he hoards it. I need to go source more money for myself'.


All pleas fell on deaf ears as she went ahead to divorce the man -their Father, after many threats.


Tim Jones sighed into the phone, "Mum, it's not a bad thing to greet me first, you know?" The ruffling of papers could be heard. "I mean, it has been a while we saw. Huh, mum?"


Isabella raised her brows, "Are you implying that I am rude?"


Isabella keeps calling her children to ask for money when she is very much aware of the hurt she left behind. She has decided to turn a blind eye to their emotions and tells them every little way she can that it is their turn to take the responsibility of caring for her after she had taken care of them since they were in her womb.

Tim shrugged, "I'm not exactly saying that, mum."

"Whatever you are saying, Timeyin. Whatever! When last have you heard from Elizabeth? I'm getting overwhelmed with worry."

Tim grunted in disbelief.

"It's true, Timeyin. I'm worried that she hasn't called me since last week."

"Oh mum, please. Stop all that."

Isabella knew that Tim made that statement while hand gesturing.

"You know what, mum? I could go over everything that happened the last time you and Betty talked, and I wasn't even there. I'm sure it was you asking for money and Betty trying to talk some sense into your 'money-hazed' head."

Isabella was about to shout at Tim when she realized where she was, and she noticed a particular woman staring at her.

"Timeyin! I'm your mother. Even still! You don't talk to me that way!"

"Oh, puleeese!"

"When did you become so rude?"

"Since you became mad!" Tim's emotion was running all over the place. She felt teary, at the same time, felt pissed.

Tim calmed down and said into the phone, "Mum, I need to go, please. You can call back some other time but not today. I've got work." Then she cuts off the call.

"Oh, my days!" Isabella removed her phone from her ears in slow motion. She stared at the phone with widened eyes and placed her empty hand on her chest.

"You know, you are a woman for a reason"

Isabella turned to face that same woman staring at her, earlier. She stared blank-faced at the woman.

The woman continued talking nonetheless, "You are a woman because you are a Womb-man. You are to birth generations of Glory and not to birth wickedness."

Isabella frowned.

"Well, I don't know the origin of your family problems, but what I'm sure is you shouldn't be contributing to the problems. That brings me back to my first statement, you are a woman for a reason." She paused.

The stranger continued talking, "A woman does not run off at the first sign of alarm in her home, she goes on her knees to birth miracles. That is why she has a womb. It's for birthing." She walked away.

Only to come back, a few seconds after she walked off, "I know you've got feelings and that your feelings should be taken into consideration, but woman, you are made for this. You've got this thicker skin that shouldn't faint at the sight of storms."

Isabella stared at her back as she walks off, again, trying to fit in the puzzle. She appeared shaken after today's happenings.



                             
                          ☀☀☀

Accidents are said to be occurrences that happen without expecting them and that was what happened. No one was expecting this moment to happen.

This somehow looked like it does happen in the movies. In Betty's eyes, the car came off the road and tumbled four times, all in slow motion. She could have sworn that the coming-off-the-road and the tumbling-of -the-car all happened in minutes, but it only happened in seconds.

“Blood of Jesus!”

“Christ!”

Betty and Yetunde exclaimed in fear.

The driver had no choice, he was scared he'd hit the young boy running off the road at the time he was driving on the road.

Betty and Yetunde both ran to the scene which seem to be having some people around it already. 

They went to the driver’s side to meet a young man struggling to come out of the destroyed car. He jumped out and held his head.

“How are you able to do that? You just had an accident.”

“How are you?”

The man looked around, and looked at Betty and Yetunde, smiled and said, “I’m as fit as a fiddle”

He touched his head. “I seem to be having headaches though. Can I get a clinic around here?”

Wow” Yetunde looked bewildered.


**
Thank you so much, ladies. You guys literally saved my life. I’m so thankful.” Jude, the man whose car tumbled earlier, turned to Betty and Yetunde on the hospital bed.

Oh, don’t mention at all” Yetunde said with all smiles.

Thank you. What's your name?”

“Yetunde”

“Lovely name.” He turned to Betty. “I was actually asking you, beautiful lady”

Ouch!" Yetunde fanned herself with her hands pretending to be hurt.

Sorry, ma'am!” Jude joked.

Betty” Betty gently answered.

Sorry o. Betty as in NAIRABET or what?”

Within hours of meeting Jude, they laughed their lungs out, and he seemed like a jovial guy.

Betty lifted her wrist to check the time.

 “Oops. We have to go.”

Yeahh! We are so late!” Yetunde hurriedly stood on her feet.

We will get to see you some other time. Sorry, we forgot to get your name.” Betty raised his brows at Jude.

Jude slapped his hand on his head. “My bad! I'm Jude. Just Jude, not Jay or Ju or you know all those shorts you give names”

That caused them to laugh.

Thank you really, ladies. See ya when we see." Jude waved at them as they rushed to leave the room.

**

Yetunde entered her car and opened the passenger seat for Betty.

“Omor! I never met that kind of guy before. So jovial, and playful. Yet, he looks disciplined.

Betty rolled her eyes. “How can you know that? You are just meeting him for the first time and you already know who he is?”

Hah. We you blind ni? He's some hot cake joor” She pulled out of the park onto the road.

This one “handsome watermelon” that one ‘hot cake. I just pity your condition"

Eh,” Yetunde dramatically opened her mouth. “Na your condition I pity the most”

They jumped from one topic of discussion to another on the road to the reception of the wedding they were dressed for.

They got to the junction of the route they were meant to take. Turning the car around to go through the route, they cited a church.

---

To be continued Next week Sunday.



Copyright ©️ RIGHTEOUSNESS AREMU

--
What can you take from this Chapter? I'd love to hear.


Note that, if you share with your friends or to any group, remember not to cut out my name as the Writer. Blessings.πŸ€—
--

Comments