MISS LASGIDI Chapter Four


 

Read Chapter One HERE

Read Chapter Two HERE

Read Chapter Three HERE.



**

CHAPTER FOUR


Betty came out of the hall to get the gift, they bought for the couple, from Yetunde's car. As she opened the car, she heard someone sigh behind her.

"Hi, miss!"

She heard the sigh but she was not expecting that someone was so close behind her. Jumping with a start, she turned and when she saw who it was she hissed.

She thought it was one of her friends, but then she was able to put a name to the face, "You????!!!!!"  

"Yes, me. I thought I'd seen your face somewhere too. Can you help me remember where we know each other from?"

Betty looked confused "Know each other? I don't know you from Adam"

It was his turn to be confused. "I thought you identify me as someone you knew for you to be shocked at seeing me."

Betty squeezed her face and smacked her tongue on the upper roof of her mouth, "No, I don't."

"I still don't get it miss," He moves to rest his weight on his left leg, "You had this expression like you've seen me som...

"No, i don't know you." She cuts him off and bent her back to get the gift from the car, then went ahead to locking the car. 

"Are you always this arrogant?"

Betty looked at him irritated, "Excuse you? You asked me if I know you, I said no, and I'm being arrogant now?" She looked at him from his head to his toes. 

"Apparently, I'm the one wasting time answering you," She hissed and was about walking away when she was pulled by the arms.

"You can't walk out on me like that" 

Outraged by his audacity, "Who are you not to walk on you?" She angrily removed his hand from her arms, and walked off.

She called off to him from a distant, "Hey, nuisance!" When she was sure she got his attention, "If you would still love to know where I knew you from, I got to know you from Yetty Studio this morning." Then she walked off.

AB tried to understand why she was being arrogant, and why she couldn't have given the reply like a normal human being when he asked her the question, than having to walk a distance away before she could reply him, and it was not even in a proper manner.

"Wow". 



                               πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Betty got home tired and ready to fall into bed, but she had to tick some tasks off her Checklist. When she looked through her checklist, she settled to do these six, out of the hundred tasks she scheduled for today.


[]Check Instagram for any questions.
[]Edit today's vlog.
[]Journal about my day.
[]Shoot #HonestTalksWithMissLasgidi
[]Do the Laundry.
[]Call Tim.
[]Continue my German lesson on Duolingo.



Betty Jones has always been a hardworking fellow, working her butts off to build a thriving Youtube Channel, where she answers questions about Lifestyle, Relationship, and Business.

She is a Graduate of the Prestigious University, Bowen University. She studied Economics and has her masters in a bag.

Ever since she graduated and had bagged her masters, she has found a new joy where she can give what she knows, and take off her worries and actually impact the world and earn cool money.

Now, she does it so seamlessly and it has earned her awards, connections and more money she could never have gotten had she not taken steps to quitting her 'job for a career'.

Despite her rising above all odds to a Phenomenal height in her career, Life has not been so good to her.  

She has always been annoyed by the fact that she graduated with honors, completed Masters and still found it difficult to find a job, but it is funny still, when the company which did not want her then are now the ones rushing her.

One experience that hurts her till date is the way her Church treated her. She had trusted them with her life and had believed in Christ, but she presently thinks every Christian is a hypocrite. They claim to be serving Jesus, yet do not, in their behaviour, behave like Christ would have them do.

The sick part was even when the Pastor's wife...


Gringgg. Grinnnnng. Grinng. How are you, my friend?...

The sound of her phone got her standing up from behind the camera. She stretched and went to the place she dropped her phone.


" Timmy! How did you know that I was going to call you?" Betty went to put off her camera. She picked her laptop and went to her bedroom to sit comfortably.

"Hehehehe. I read minds"

"Hmm. Edward Cullen II!"

"Oti get e

"But the distance is too much now, when Edward Cullen, the Vampire, did not read minds that were this distant" Betty smiled.

Timeyin laughed. "Ehn nah! That's the difference between Edward Cullen and I. I, Timeyin Jones, walk in the Spirit, so it was the Spirit that conmected deep into my soul and just coordinated my body into picking a phone and calling you."

"Ah, Timeyin, Spirit woman. I give up!" 

Timeyin continued laughing.

"Don't give up oo"

Betty shook her head.

"Nahhhhh! Give me bribe first."

"Bribe ko!"

Timeyin stopped laughing. "Speaking of bribes, Timeyin I called you for a reason o"

"When don't you call for a reason, before?" Betty knew what Timeyin is about asking her but she waited for Timeyin to go on stating her reason.

"Mum is worried about you" Timeyin gathered the confidence to speak.

"Which Mum?"

"Ahahn, Elizabeth. Don't be like that nau. She is still our mother."

Betty got defensive, "I never said she was not our mother."

Tim sighed.

"Are you free tomorrow?"

Betty looked through her checklist and saw a scanty list.

"I should be free"

"Okay then. See you tomorrow." 

"I will be expecting you Timeyin"

"I will not miss seeing my Sister's face for anything in the world. I really can't wait to hug you so tightttt!"

"I know right! I really need a hug right now" Betty closed her laptop.

"Are you still working?" Tim asked.

"Not really. I'm done with work. Just want to go continue my German lesson on Duolingo."

"Ohh. You are still learning 'Danke', 'Milch', and what that other word I know again?" Tim said and they both giggled.

"Elizabeth IyanuOluwa Jones" Timeyin called in a tiny voice. 

"You called my full name, Timeyin"

"Yes. It's going to be fine." Timeyin stopped for a second and continued. "I believe that God is able to restore every broken home and heart. I'm praying for everyone of us -You, Dad, Mum and even myself. Do hang in there, it will be fine."



TO BE CONTINUED NEXTWEEK SUNDAY.


Copyright ©️ RIGHTEOUSNESS AREMU


---

What do you think happened to Betty, and what exactly went wrong for her family?


--
Note that, if you share to your friends or to any group, remember not to cut out my name as the Writer. Blessings.πŸ€—

Comments